Thursday, October 1, 2009

6 Weeks = Sweet Pea Baby!



It's hard to believe we're at 6 weeks already but there you have it!  Of course it helps the first 'two weeks' of pregnancy are before you've actually conceived which is pretty messed up, but that's the way it goes.  From this week's belly pic you can see I am officially over my cold!  WOO!  It's a massive massive relief to feel like a human being again - albeit a very tired one.  But yes, still bloated!

Tiredness is my main symptom right now though right on schedule the nausea is picking up as well.  The morning of exactly six weeks marked my second cookie tossing episode and the evening marked the first time that I almost got sick WHILE eating (typically my ickies are brought on by waiting too long between foodings).  We had chicken parm for dinner.  It was good.  I got about halfway through it and all of a sudden started feeling green and I'm pretty sure Jeff was concerned I was gonna yark on him or the table or something and asked if I needed to be excused.  haha..  Sadly I was not able to finish my meal - though I did keep all my previously eaten food on the inside anyway and felt better once I was away from the food/table/etc.  Alas.  I also had a job interview earlier this week and oddly enough my biggest concern was getting sick before/during the interview!  lol.  Unsurprisingly though, I did manage to get through it with all parties unscathed.  :-)

One thing that I've been thrilled about that's gone away is the cramping.  From implantation on through maybe halfway through the 5th week I had some pretty consistent cramping.  It would get better with drinking water and rest but even though I knew it was normal, it was pretty unnerving nevertheless.  Thankfully never any bleeding, just cramping.  But I'm glad it seems to be away for now.  Aside from the tiredness, I've been referring to my boobs as my 'fireballs' because that's what they feel like.  Seriously.  I can't even describe it any other way.  Fire.Balls.  Mmhm.

So this week our spawn is looking less and less like a lil' lizard and more and more like a lil' baby!  Arms and legs (ish), outlines for ears, primitive eyes.  So awesome.  Still only 2-4mm big (the size of a sweet pea!), but already looking more and more people-like and less animal-like.  Maybe I'm not going to give birth to a salamander after all!!  Imagine that!  hahaha..  


It still feels like the first appointment is really far away, though at least we're in October now so I see it on the calendar.  I still have to make an appointment to tour the birth center in Stratham, NH - which incidentally shares the same town as the place I interviewed at earlier this week which would be hugely convenient - for me if not for Jeff anyway who the day before my interview, interviewed himself for an internal position out in the Worcester area.  lol.  Go figure, right?  Though I've gotta say that if someone's gotta work, I'd rather it not be me so I'll go wherever we can make that possible - I miss Western Mass  more as time passes anyway.

But all in all I'm excited that things are progressing so well.  So far so good.  So good so far.  :-)  Jeff's been puttering down in the office/basement trying to figure out how we can turn it into a makeshift guest room once we turn our second bedroom into a nursery.  I try to tell him we have 9 months to figure it out so stop stressing but it turns out he may be even more of a planner than me!  Most of all I think we both can't wait until our appointments so that we can feel safer about the pregnancy and start feeling okay about buying stuff.  I can't wait to start building a diaper stash (have I mentioned we're going to be cloth diapering?  I may save that for a later post) and starting to knit little bitty baby things.  I can't wait till we can tell the world, till the world can tell without us having to tell, and until i can feel my little bean moving around in there.  :-)

Books collected so far: Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care;  Your Pregnancy Week by WeekPregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete GuideWise Woman Herbal: The Childbearing Years;  and My Pregnancy Journal.   (Hey, I never said Jeff was the only planner in this house, did I???  hahaha)

0 comments on "6 Weeks = Sweet Pea Baby!"

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez