Sunday, January 17, 2010

21 Weeks - Not Too Much New..



I now get comments from random people that don't know me about being pregnant and when am I do, etc.  There is no more question for the general populace and people at work are more comfortable asking me about it.  Yay for the pregnant belly!  :-)

There's not much else happening aside from that.  Things are pretty status quo.  Still trying to decide on nursery decor/paint style, still trying to decide on a bedding set, and still haven't set up a registry.  Lol..  Soon though!  Soon!  And I am at least making progress on deciding things on the nursery - I at least have most of the decisions narrowed down to two or three options which is way good for me, ya know?  But a big motivator is realizing how quickly the first half of this pregnancy went, and guessing that it will be time before I know it and I'm starting to get antsy to have things 'ready' even though I logically know I have plenty of time.

Our newborn diaper stash is pretty much complete at this point and I succeeded in purchasing *everything* used.  Some is purchased second hand but unused so actually new but at a reduced price, and others are used in excellent condition etc.  We need to start practicing the prefold folds - but first I have to order us a package of snappis otherwise our attempts are pretty pointless.  I've got some stuffed animals that are a good size for us to use to practice on.  I may get a few more dipes for the next stage but also want to wait and see what works for us and our specific baby before getting a ton of any one kind in larger sizes.

I've been feeling little twitches and flutters more and more this last week - I'm hoping this means I'll start feeling *real* movement soon.  I definitely know these are baby movements that I'm feeling - I notice them frequently after eating and often multiple times a day now as opposed to one or two one day and nothing for another few days or more.  I wish I had a little window to my tummy to say hi to her, and see what she's doing.  My books tell me that she is getting sleeping and waking cycles of a typical newborn at this point and some research suggests that she's starting to set her own internal clock based on my eating and sleeping habits along with levels of light and noise.  *crossing fingers* my regimented schedule makes for a well adjusted baby at birth!  hahahaha..  I'm sure you more experienced readers are laughing at my hopefulness right now.  :-)

Next midwife appointment is the 19th at 22 weeks.  I'll be meeting Jodie this time - I haven't met her at all yet so this will be good.  Ideally I'd like to at least meet all the midwives in the practice as any one of them could be working when I deliver and that's the kind of person I am.

0 comments on "21 Weeks - Not Too Much New.."

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez