Sunday, January 10, 2010

20 Weeks = HALF WAY THERE!



I cannot believe I'm halfway there.  The first half of this pregnancy flew by faster than I ever would have believed.  It only stands to reason the last half will too which means time to get our butts in gear and get this place ready for our bean!

I had my repeat ultrasound, everything missing was accounted for and measured and checked out great.  10 fingers, 10 toes, 4 (right?) chambers in the heart.. it was neat but this tech was all business and there to get her pictures and be done.  The last thing she needed to get was the right hand and our little girl was playing hard to get holding that hand behind her head for the whole time.  I had to keep flipping from one side to the other before she FINALLY woke up and started moving around and stuck her hand out.  we didn't really get much for pictures this time - three only.  two of the face in raptor mode (which was slightly less raptor-ish because of the gain in bits of fat happening now) and one of the foot.  Jeff wasn't able to go to this one and was sorely disappointed in my spoils.  :-(  I wish they would have gotten a picture of - after she started moving around and got her hand from behind her head - she had both hands out together then started grabbing for her feet.  It was *so* cute.  But alas.

So obviously I'm continuing to grow ever bigger.  The 'secret' is officially out at work now which is nice.  I've been feeling pretty good - except for a pain under my right ribs that comes and goes but typically seems to come most often after I've eaten.  My real guess is that it's gas, but I can't help but be concerned that it's something gallbladder related just because of my previous issues with IBS and GERD.  What's left to go wrong in my digestive system, ya know?  lol.  But 'hopefully' it's just an issue of trapped gas and a full stomach pressing on my ever crowded organs all stuffed up into my chest.  Poor organs.  My next midwife appt is on the 19th so I'll bring it up then unless it becomes intolerable before then.  Sometimes it's worse than others and when it's not as bad it's easier to shrug it off as nothing.

We are continuing to formulate a plan for the nursery - slowly starting to make real decisions though everything is still a 'rough draft' in my mind.  It's still progress though.  I've been doing research in my down time on cribs and bedding and gliders and monitors and tons of other stuff.  We STILL haven't actually created our registries, but are getting closer to doing so every day.  Mom and I are starting to discuss plans for the shower for sometime in March.  Once we set a date for that, it will definitely provide fuel for the fire to get me into getting everything registered for and all that.  I have lists on paper, but nothing 'official' yet.  Definitely time to get on that!

0 comments on "20 Weeks = HALF WAY THERE!"

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez