Saturday, January 2, 2010

19 Weeks: Happy New Year!



Happy 2010 everyone!  Nothing too interesting over here in week 19.  Still not feeling much movement, tummy still getting bigger.  I did 'come out' to my boss over the week finally - though it was obvious to everyone but him.  We'd told the HR people expecting them to say something to him but I don't think it ever happened.  He asked if we'd be drinking in excess for NYE and I was like um, I'm pregnant???  lol..  And being a man he was of course like "I knew that, I know that.. I just forgot..  Yeah so you can't drink huh.. "  He was so flustered though I tooootally don't believe he knew though he suspected.  He'd been on vaca for almost 2 weeks and by the time he was back the tummy was pretty apparent (as you can see).  Very amusing.

Follow-up ultrasound is coming up on the 6th.  I like seeing our little girl but am hoping she lets them get the peek they need at the remaining anatomy just so we're sure everything is good.  I'll be halfway at that point!  It's so crazy.

We're starting to try and plan out the nursery (in my brain at least) and have basically picked colors - purple, green and white in muted pastel shades.  I feel like it's this monumental decision, picking how to decorate the nursery.  Plus we have FIVE DOORS in that room - FIVE!!!!  And they're all stained wood that I will want to be white instead.  This will be a monumental undertaking that is currently giving me nightmares.  ugh.  ::shudders::

I'm also finally starting to look into doing a registry.  I'm thinking the Amazon Universal Registry for most things - as I understand it, you can put things from any website on it and the purchaser marks off that they've gotten that item.  This will allow people to see what we want and have an option on where to buy it but be free to get it wherever they want and just mark off they got it.  SOOO much better in my opinion.  I'll still do Babies R Us for some things - probably basics..  But honestly so many things are reeeally a lot cheaper on Amazon than BRU.  The monitor I was looking at is $30 cheaper, the Arm's Reach Cosleepers are like $40 cheaper...  I mean people can buy wherever's easier for them but I'd hate people 'having' to buy from BRU knowing that it's cheaper elsewhere ya know?  So hopefully that will work out for everyone.  Amazon is pretty well known and my hope is that everyone is either able to go online and check it out themselves or knows someone else who can and could print it out for them so they could pick what they wanted and where to get it and then have the person check it off for them.

0 comments on "19 Weeks: Happy New Year!"

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez