Saturday, November 7, 2009

11 Week Belly Picture



These posts are getting more 'delayed' but we're still taking belly pictures at the 'one week' marks on schedule at least.  This was the 11 week belly picture.  My bloat (which peaked for sure in week 8) is minimal now.  I still can't see much of a baby bump - sometimes I think I might, but it's really probably just my organs piled on top of my uterus or something - or my stomach for example since my tummy is much flatter when the belly is empty lol..  But it's said that at this point the uterus is pretty much filling the pelvic cavity so I should start showing at least to us fairly soon which will be exciting.

Yesterday (Friday) - at about 11 and a half weeks - I had my first day without getting sick in over 5 weeks.  That's a long time!!!  This morning, not so lucky, but at least I know the little one is still bopping around in there.  It's kind of funny how reassuring the sickness is, and even knowing full well that I'm reaching the point where it's normal for me to start feeling better, it still makes me a little nervous all the same.  Once I start feeling movement at least I will have that, but for now there really isn't much!


At 11 weeks baby is now the size of a lime!!  Of course the fruit correlations are subjective and are different depending on the source you're using.  But baby is 1.75-2.5 inches crown to rump now, approximately 7 grams, and can swallow and pee!  The urinary system is functioning and baby swallows and pees into the amniotic fluid which is refreshed throughout the day (hence mama's need to get up in the middle of the night to pee even with such a tiny baby!!).  The fingernails appear this week as well.  Itty bitty fingernails on itty bitty fingers!  Hair starts to grow this week as well.  I will be shocked if our little one does not come out with a bunch of dark brown hair!  :-)  All of the organ systems are formed and beginning to function.  Miscarriage risk is down - and we may finally start to tell the world our news!!  Finally staring down the end of the first trimester feels *really* good.  I'm sure the worrying will not go away entirely - probably ever at this point!! - but the reason for the worry will be greatly reduced and we can relax and enjoy the pregnancy!

0 comments on "11 Week Belly Picture"

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez