Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 13, 2009


First Positive Pregnancy Test Day!!

We spent a week around Labor Day on Cape Cod, and it was our last day of vacation that we found out we were having a baby.  While trying to conceive, I was charting basal body temperatures to track ovulation and stay on top of my cycles.  When I took my temp on the 13th, it had jumped high when it normally would have dipped low as a signal of my period coming the next day.  Knowing this was typical of pregnancy I jumped up to head to the bathroom and test.

Here is a picture of my final chart resulting in pregnancy:

I took two tests before bringing them to Jeff who was still in bed.  They were light positives because I was only 11 days past ovulation, but they were clearly positive.  We were going to be parents!!  Jeff was in slight disbelief - not sure whether to trust the test, not wanting us to get excited and disappointed.  I took another test to be sure - still positive.  Still pregnant.  All smiles, we told our parents the good news.  Due date 5/26/10.

First positive test:
 

And the first digital test (there really is something in seeing it spelled out for you - I think this is really when Jeff finally started to believe it as well):


0 comments on "September 13, 2009"

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez