Wednesday, December 9, 2009

16 Weeks Already!



16 weeks and Christmas is coming sooner than I can comprehend.  We got our Christmas tree last weekend - which was an ordeal as the tree farms we use are all hilly and I get out of breath a lot faster these days.  But we have a beautiful tree and even though baby won't see it, I'm hoping she gets the warm fuzzies that mommy gets when looking at it.

Not a huge change in the belly picture from last week.  Still definitely a baby belly.  And I'm definitely feeling some kind of movement from baby.  I can't make it happen (though I keep trying) and it's still totally sporadic and only a quick second or two at a time but there has definitely been something going on in there.  At 16 weeks baby can somersault in there, maybe that's what I'm feeling!  Mommy's little acrobatic fetus.  hahaha..

The cats still think it's a good time to jump on mommy and knead mommy's growing belly which depending on the state of my bladder is not always a good thing for sure!  I wonder what they'll think as I get ginormous.  I can hear the cat gossip (wow mommy's really letting herself go, huh?  lol!).  It's funny - the last two weeks as we take my weekly pictures Jeff keeps saying how pregnant I look in the pictures but swears I don't look 'that big' in life.  Uh huh.  He's just hoping work has somehow not noticed my growing belly!


Speaking of work - it's snowing to beat the band today so I'm waiting it out and basically doing a half-day today.  It's not that my faith in the 'big green monster' is waning, I just would rather my first car accident ever not be when I'm carrying a child so am just staying out of it.  Hence an update way earlier than usual for you!

Can anyone believe I have this inside me right now?  I see these pictures and despite having the morning sickness (which has definitely taken its leave thankfully!) and the ultrasounds and hearing the heartbeat and even feeling the little flutters and twitches in my belly - I still have a hard time looking at those pictures and believing that's inside me right now.  Crazy.  You can see that the baby is now holding its head more erect now - less and less bean-like and more and more baby-like each week!  And I believe the fruit correlation this week is an avocado.  :-)  4.5-5" long.  Still so tiny.

AFP test is Friday - not sure how long it takes to get results back from that.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what my weight is at now though because I'm definitely showing more than I was at my last appointment 2 weeks ago at which point I was only up 2lbs from my first appt, so I'm expecting more of a weight gain this time around.  But who knows.  :-D

1 comments on "16 Weeks Already!"

Kristen on December 15, 2009 at 3:19 PM said...

You look SO good! I'm SOOOO excited for you guys! Pregnancy is such a miracle! Love your little baby bump!

 

Our Hippy Baby Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez